Friday, October 10, 2014

Essie Take It Out Side Fall/Winter 2014 Color Trend

Hi friends! With another Friday upon us, I have the next color from the Pantone fall palette, the first neutral and a good one at that!

Aluminum is a nice warm grey taupe with red undertones. It is a bit different than the traditional grey shades prevalent in the fall and winter. Essie Take It Outside from the Dress To Kilt fall collection captures the shade perfectly.

Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use.


 

Essie Take It Outside (Dress To Kilt Fall 2014)



Take It Outside is a warm taupe grey cream. It reminds me of the wet clay I used when I was taking a Pottery class in college. It the bottle, it really didn't wow me, but once I put it on, I was sold. I love a good neutral, and even though I get lobster hands, taupey neutrals are a definite fav. The formula for Take It Outside is sort of confusing. It went on smooth and creamy, but when I got to my index finger, it decided to get a little wild and turned kinda gloopy. Even with top coat, it didn't want to level out. I don't have any weird ridges on that finger and I paint pretty evenly so it was strange!


I gotta say, I really love this particular polish. Lobster hands be damned, this is just a classy shade! It is also a great transition shade - one that will work well with both fall and winter wardrobes and very office/work appropriate.

So which way do you lean? Are you a more neutral fan or do you prefer the deep jewel tones?

Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use. All opinions are my own. For more info, please read my disclaimer.

Essie Take It Outside and the rest of the Dress To Kilt collection are available at most major chains. Products retail for about $8.75 a piece. Prices vary by location.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...